Sibenik is a small seaside village nestled in the hills with a fortress at the top of the town. The city streets are extremely narrow and winding. We had a couple of hours on Friday afternoon before it got dark and the next morning it had started to rain. I wanted to explore a little more so I went off on my own to look around and I got lost in the narrow and tangled up roads. I thought I would be able to find my way back with no problem because I planned to use the sea as my point of reference, but I couldn't see the water when I got in the heart of the city. It is a small place, so I was only lost for about a half an hour, but I was starting to feel a little nervous. My language skills are pretty much limited to saying hello, how are you and counting to ten, which would not get me far....Yikes!

One of the many intricate details on the cathedral.

I love the way people hang out their laundry on these tiny clothes lines from the windows. I think there are some red long underwear hanging from the window at the top of the picture. How cute!

This is taken from at the top of the town outside the fortress walls. The fortress was closed so this was as far as I could walk. There was a really old cemetary at the top of the hill overlooking the sea. It was such a beautiful view.
We enjoyed walking around the narrow streets and walking along the path along the waterfront. It was a great way to relax. We were so glad we had beautiful weather until the morning we were heading home. It was a really nice trip and we will always remember it!