
Zadar is a beautiful seaside city in Croatia. It was only about a 2 hour drive from where we were visiting Plitvicka Lakes. There is much history and interesting things here but one of the things that Pete thought was most interesting is it was the birthplace of the famous basketball player Kresimir Cosic. He remembers watching Cosic play at BYU when he was about 13 or 14 years old. He is like the Michael Jorday of former Yugoslavia and is still famous today. There is a huge basketball arena named after him near the monument that Pete is standing by.
We visited the outdoor market which is in every city here, but there were some really unusual seafood and interesting meat hanging from the rafters. I am sure the people at the market thought I was crazy, but I couldn't resist taking a couple of picture!
There was also some beautiful ancient structures like the picture of this old well inside a beautiful courtyard. It really feels like you have stepped in to another century.