The first picture is of a local landmark called "Pigeon Square". In better weather there are pigeons everywhere.
Snow!
We ha
ve had so much snow the last several days. On Saturday we spent the entire day running errands in preparation for our trip home and for Christmas. It was so fun to be out driving around listening to Christmas music. It was a good way to get in the Christmas mood. Our last errand was down in the "old town" and so I took the opportunity to take a few pictures. The only problem was the parking is not too close so we had to walk and we got all wet and were frozen by the time we were ready to leave.
The first picture is of a local landmark called "Pigeon Square". In better weather there are pigeons everywhere.
A fountain outside one of the many mosques around Sarajevo. Several times a day they have a "call to prayer" that you can hear all over the city.
This is a close up of the fountain from the top picture. There is a legend that says whoever drinks from the water from this fountain will return to Sarajevo. Well, I drank from this fountain when Rebecca, Michele and I were here visiting Pete in 2004, so I guess it is true!
The first picture is of a local landmark called "Pigeon Square". In better weather there are pigeons everywhere.
Posted by
Pete and Lori at Home in Europe

